-Why do my shoes smell so bad?
The main cause of smelly feet is bacteria. Bacteria love nothing more than nestling down in a warm sweaty shoe; it's the perfect environment for them.
The bacteria in your shoes, socks, and on your feet will start feasting on dead skin cells and oils from your skin. They will then turn around and excrete waste in the form of acid and sulfur compounds. This is what really causes the smell. It's like having a rotten egg or a pungent cheese in your shoes.
So what can I do to get rid of my shoe odor?
It's pretty simple! You need to: eliminate any current bacteria and prevent new bacteria from forming.
There are a few ways to do this, but we'll just share what has worked the best for us.
1. Wash your shoes
Put your shoes in the washing machine with detergent and run on a gentle cycle. Then let them air dry in an open area (preferably outside if the weather is good).
Not all shoes can be washed, so make sure it's okay for your shoes before doing this.
2. Use an all natural odor eliminator
We put together a mix of essential oils and other ingredients that have very high antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Witch Hazel - Natural astringent, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - Natural cleaning agent, natural deodorant, antibacterial, and antifungal
- Peppermint Oil - Strong antibacterial and antifungal
- Eucalyptus Oil - Strong disinfectant, antiseptic, and antibacterial
- Tea Tree Oil - Very powerful anti-fungal, powerful antibacterial
- Lemongrass Oil - Powerful anti-fungal, powerful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory
- Clove leaf Oil - Powerful anti-fungal, powerful antibacterial, effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
Our shoe spray works very well as an all natural safe way to eliminate shoe odor. Our product has over 500 5-star reviews on Amazon.com. You can check them out here.
If you have Amazon prime, and only want to buy one of our products, we recommend buying our shoe deodorizer from Amazon because it will save you a couple dollars. If you do not have Amazon prime, we offer free shipping on our website as well. Or if you plan on buying both our shoe spray and powder you'll get a much better deal on our website.Buy Now
3. Use an all natural shoe powder for sweat & odor prevention
Our shoe powder combines the best all natural powders and clays to prevent sweaty feet, while also preventing bacteria. Did we mention these ingredients are also fantastic for your skin?
- Arrowroot Powder - Eliminates moisture, helps with rashes, anti-infammatory, and antiseptic
- Kaolin Clay - Natural deodorant, good for dry and sensitive skin
- Bentonite Clay - Antibacterial, helps heal eczema, calms skin infections
- Zinc Oxide - Natural deodorant, great for rashes, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory
- Sodium Bicarbonate - Natural deodorant and kills fungi and mold
- Corn Starch - Eliminate moisture, natural deodorant, and soothes skin
If you have Amazon prime, and only want to buy one product, we recommend buying from Amazon because it will save you a couple dollars. If you do not have Amazon prime, we offer free shipping on our website. Or if you plan on buying both our shoe spray and powder you'll get a much better deal on our website.Buy Now