Do your work boots stink? This is how to stop it...
Why do my boots stink?
Your work shoes smell bad because of bacteria. Bacteria love damp environments where they can feed on your dead skin cells. And when they're done eating your skin cells they excrete acidic and sulfuric waste that smells terrible. The bacteria in your shoes (brevibacteria) are actually the same bacteria that give certain types of cheese their pungent smell.
How can you stop it?
There's two things that need to happen. First you need to kill any existing bacteria in your shoes. Second you need to keep your feet dry to prevent bacteria from forming again.
The following steps are what has worked the best for us, and for thousands of customers.
1. Wash your shoes
Put your shoes in the washing machine with detergent and run on a gentle cycle. Then let them air dry in an open area (preferably outside if the weather is good).
Not all shoes can be washed, so make sure it's okay for your shoes before doing this.
2. Use an all natural odor eliminator
We put together a mix of essential oils and other ingredients that have very high antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Witch Hazel - Natural astringent, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - Natural cleaning agent, natural deodorant, antibacterial, and antifungal
- Peppermint Oil - Strong antibacterial and antifungal
- Eucalyptus Oil - Strong disinfectant, antiseptic, and antibacterial
- Tea Tree Oil - Very powerful anti-fungal, powerful antibacterial
- Lemongrass Oil - Powerful anti-fungal, powerful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory
- Clove leaf Oil - Powerful anti-fungal, powerful antibacterial, effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
Our shoe spray works very well as a natural safe way to eliminate shoe odor. Our product has over 1500 5-star reviews on Amazon.com. You can check them out here.
If you have Amazon prime, and only want to buy one of our products, we recommend buying our shoe deodorizer from Amazon because it will save you a couple dollars. If you do not have Amazon prime, we offer free shipping on our website as well. Or if you plan on buying both our shoe spray and powder you'll get a much better deal on our website.
3. Use an all natural shoe powder for sweat & odor prevention
Our shoe powder combines the best all natural powders and clays to prevent sweaty feet, while also preventing bacteria.
- Arrowroot Powder - Eliminates moisture, helps with rashes, anti-infammatory, and antiseptic
- Kaolin Clay - Natural deodorant, good for dry and sensitive skin
- Bentonite Clay - Antibacterial, helps heal eczema, calms skin infections
- Zinc Oxide - Natural deodorant, great for rashes, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory
- Sodium Bicarbonate - Natural deodorant and kills fungi and mold
- Corn Starch - Eliminate moisture, natural deodorant, and soothes skin
If you have Amazon prime, and only want to buy one product, we recommend buying from Amazon because it will save you a couple dollars. If you do not have Amazon prime, we offer free shipping on our website. Or if you plan on buying both our shoe spray and powder you'll get a much better deal on our website.Buy Now